Monday, January 4, 2010

Daniel & Jilleen's Engagement

December 29, 2009

For my last session of the year, I had the pleasure of working with my first couple (at least for now!) who's wedding I will be photographing in the new year (June 18, 2010!). I've been corresponding with Jilleen back and forth for months now, and FINALLY Daniel had some time to come to Michigan from his Marine base in California. We decided to do a fun outside shoot, just so he could get a good taste of chilly weather before going back to warmer climates.

Jilleen and Daniel kindly drove out to meet me on my lunch break (now more time off after that vacation I took early in December!) and we did a quick engagement shoot at the Endeavor Elementary School playground. Their equipment has such fun colors and geometry, I figured it would be a great place for some playful people to get some playful pictures!

The sun decided to show it's face in all it's glory, which made for some tricky shadows, but it also made for some BEAUTIFUL and rich colors, especially in the sky, so we definitely made the best of it. I had a blast despite the freezing temperatures, so thanks Jilleen and Daniel! I can't wait to photograph your wedding!

P.S. Yay for my first post of 2010. Happy New Year, everyone!











































































My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.