Monday, June 14, 2010

Jake & Claire: A Wedding

June 5, 2010



Jake & Claire & I first met back in St. Joe's when I did their engagement photos. I knew from the moment I met them that they were going to have an awesome wedding. These two were nothing but crazy in love, and Claire had since told me all the fun ideas they had to make their wedding a spectacular one... Mission accomplished!

We headed down to Saugatuck on a warm Saturday, where the weather wasn't making any promises. It was a blast from the beginning... first, Claire's reaction to her beautiful bouquets from Picket Fence Floral in Holland was amazing! She loved them so much (I agree, check them out below!) and it was so fun to see her get so excited. Second, the boys of the wedding party had a Nerf gun fight to get ready for the wedding, and even though it was just Nerf, you could tell these guys knew what they were doing.

When Claire and Jake saw each other for the first time, I was quickly reminded how in love they are, and it's so refreshing to see! We did a mini photo session with just them and us photographers and we got some great shots of them being so sweet and fun and candid with each other! ALSO, the outdoor wedding was beautiful! And I have to thank God for holding that rain off for us until we were done with all the photos and everything... perfect.

It was a great reception and I was so happy of all the great shots we were able to get. Thank you SOOOO much, Jake & Claire, for such throwing such a fancy and fun wedding for all of us. I can't wait to get together again for their Trash the Dress session later on this summer. More fun to come...










^Claire's shoes are so fun!






^Ready for some action!










^She is so beautiful.














^A very dashing groom, I must say.














^Love this shot from Jess. It captures just a little subtle moment, but it's great!























^Claire was so happy, all day, and I love this shot Jess took of her expressing her emotions. She's so cute.










^Absolutely loved the "fancy" Lego cake.




^Another great one from the amazing Jess Furrow.









...and now, we debut my first wedding video feature of the year...

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.