Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kylie's Sweet Sixteen

March 26, 2011

I've known Kylie for almost three years now. Her mom is Erika, one of my earliest wedding clients. In fact, she was my very first bride from the Grand Rapids area. She married my boyfriend's best friend, Jason, back in 2008, and of course I was in attendance to capture the big day. It was a great wedding and I was glad to be a part of it. Kylie, thirteen at the time, was the maid-of-honor. In these past years, she has grown up a lot (as teenagers tend to do), and on March 16, she turned "Sweet 16."

Kylie brought along Alahn, her boyfriend, so he could sneak into a couple of shots, but mostly we focused on Kylie. She's such a pretty girl, and she absolutely rocked the more serious looks without even trying, so she made the photo taking easy on me. Don't you love it when that happens? We started off in the studio and went outside for a few sunny day shots. It was too cold to stay out for long, but we made use of the bright afternoon before calling it a day.

Congrats on the milestone, Kylie! Call me when it's time for those senior portraits :-)



^Of course, the outfit is perfect. Good choice, Miss Kylie!

^Look at those eyes!





^Fashion shot! ;-)







^We took a different way out of the building and found this stairwell. Perfect!




^We headed to Kylie's hometown of Rockford next for a few outdoor shots.



^A well-timed breeze blows up...





^Throwing a couple of Alahn in at the back. Thanks for coming along!

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.