Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pat & Kelli: A Wedding

March 19, 2011

It's so hard to wait for wedding season. When it ends, I most certainly am in need of a break, but winter is long and it's just so hard to wait for people to start getting married again! This year, the drought ended on March 19, when Kelli, who works wth me at my "regular" job, tied the knot in Grand Rapids.

My regular job also has me doing photography among other things. Instead of photographing people, as I do with my business ventures, I photograph veneer. For those of you who know about as much as me about veneer (at least when I started), it is a thin sheet of wood that can be mounted on another surface, used for furniture, architectural paneling, and the like. Even though it's not the most interesting subject in the world, I do love my job, and I also love the people I work with. I've done family photos for more than five of my coworkers. I think they like having a photographer on the payroll!

Kelli is one of my previous clients. Her family, who are scattered around the US, came up a few summers back and I did some portraits for them on our lunch break. I was of course thrilled to get to do her wedding this spring. Everyone looked great, especially Pat's sons, Isaac and Cade, and Kelly's, Justin, in their suits. It was a beautiful day, especially for March, and although we had what I would consider a very shortened day compared to my other weddings, we got some good shots... and had fun doing it.

Congrats to Pat and Kelli! I hope you and the boys love your photos!

^Pat's son, Cade.

^Kelli's son, Justin.

^Pat's son, Isaac.





^The boys lookin' good in their suits!



^Kelli looked just beautiful.





^I loved her shoes, but I bet they hurt to walk in ;-)



^Her Grandma's handkerchief.







^What a kiss that one was! I guess they are happy to be married!



^The groom and his mom, who prepared some amazing food for dinner!









^Her ring is so pretty. I need to get me one of those. Haha.


^Dancing with Dad.









^All right, it's time to have some fun!

^Someone (who? we still aren't sure) suggested some of the guests climb the billboard and get a photo up there. "All right..." I said. Disclaimer, the frame JUST cuts off the ground so they were NOT high up... although I was worried we were actually going to have to "CALL SAM" for a minute there!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.