Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday Wedding Inspiration: Cake

Something Different

I found this image awhile back when doing my regular searching on the West Michigan wedding photographer blog circuit. I absolutely love just about every image Jen Kroll has ever posted (something to strive to be... someday!) and when I saw this cake, I fell in love! Cake is a must for every wedding, but this one has a special twist, topped with fruit. All cakes have their share of decorations, but with simple frosting and ribbons, the fruit really makes the cake colorful and bold!

But the credit must be given where the credit is truly due. This amazing cake creation was made by the awesome artists at Sweet Cakes Design, who I'm not afraid to promote here on the JRPhoto blog! When I picked up my latest cake purchase at their shop in Belmont, I saw a photo of this cake on the wall and was reminded of the true artistry of it! It's so unique, and totally nothing like I've ever seen before, so of COURSE I had to share it with my loyal readers.

It's so refreshing to see wedding vendors use their artistic talents. This industry has so many talented individuals in it, and this one definitely shows off some amazing creativity. While I'm "name-dropping", I am sure that the wedding planners, In Any Event, had a hand in this idea as well. What a great collaboration!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.