Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Coming Up Roses: Mini-Vacations

September 6, 2011

My very busiest season since I started this wedding this has almost ALWAYS been the fall. And this year, of course, is no different. However, I find that within a two week stretch, I am taking THREE whole mini-vacations... although all of them had some little photography basis as well. Working vacations, those are the BEST kind of all. Usually anyway ;-)

The first one I took was for Labor Day weekend. It was the least business related, but I sure did take a lot of photos. Mike and I went up to Mackinac Island for the day this past Sunday. It was GORGEOUS and we actually had a great time, just the two of us, which is something we don't get to do very often. I took tons of photos while we walked the entire length of Lake Shore Boulevard... 8.2 miles! So I'll share a few with you here. My next mini-vacation starts tomorrow as I'm off to Florida for a friend/cleint's wedding this Saturday. And next week, my sister's wedding... can't wait to share it all with you!

^Mackinaw City, looking out at Lake Huron.

^Waiting for the ferry to depart to the island!


^Main Street on Mackinac Island.

^The Mighty Mac and mighty Mike :-)



^There were towers like this all around the island, but I liked this one.



^East shore of the island, about half way around.

^A very cooperative butterfly!


^Arch Rock. We were too tired to see it from above!


^Made it back to Mile "0"!

^Near the governor's summer house.

^Sun heads down on the horizon.

^Mini-vacation #1 (with Michael) was a success!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.