Wednesday, September 21, 2011

J'aime + Jennie: A Beach Wedding (Florida Wedding Photographer)

September 10, 2011



Normally, I don't make it a point to head down to Florida in the summer. Michigan is hot enough, why would I want to subject myself to even HOTTER and MORE HUMID weather? I'm just not that kind of girl! But when one of your friends and clients are getting married, you make an exception or two!

I'm sure you've seen the Palmer's before. Jennie and J'aime first appeared last September (another exception I've made about hot Florida) for their maternity photos, and again in March when we did their little man, J'aime III's photos then as well. They scheduled their wedding for 9-10-11, and I was back! Another benefit is that my best friend from college is Jennie's sister, Jessica, and she and I got to hang out for the rest of the time I was in the area.

This wedding was not only my first wedding outside of Michigan, but also my first beach wedding. I was very excited to take part in the whole thing! It was an early wedding, 10am, but it was a good idea as even by then, the sun was scorching us on the beach. Any later in the day and we all would have had sun stroke! Haha. But Jennie and J'aime were just glowing, smiling and laughing the whole time, and it was so nice to see a couple so happy together! Seriously, all day, they both had these huge, "in love" grins on their faces, and eyes only for each other (and of course little J'aime, too).

After the wedding, we ran around with the wedding party on the beach for photos, and then headed to the lunch reception, which was great fun considering it was only the early afternoon! The DJ kept the whole crowd dancing and everyone had a blast. Jessica and I stayed until the end and were STILL home before 5pm! It was a great time and an early night for us to get some rest from the early start.

Congrats to the new Brunelle family! Hope the cruise was fabulous!

Hair: Jennifer Wilson
Make-up: Tiffany Smith and Barbara Martin Hubbard
Ceremony: Ponce Inlet, beach on the Atlantic Ocean
Reception: Ponce Inlet Community Center
Decorations and silk flowers: Barbara Martin Hubbard
Cake: Cassie Terrell
DJ: DJ Chizzle (Chad Indictor)

^This cake was soooo cute! So much detail put into it, great job!






^Our view for the ceremony! No hurricanes... phew!





^And he finally sees her!

^Jennie looking giddy, as she did all day!



^Jennie was up and down on her toes from excitement throughout the ceremony. Luckily she didn't do it as much as she did in rehearsal; J'aime said he was worried she'd make him pass out from moving so much :)





^The brand new "official" family!

^The Palmers.

^The Brunelles.


^As usual, a wave comes up to surprise us!




^Our flower girl, Faith, runs from a big one! (It wasn't THAT big :)





^Cute! One of my personal favorites!





^Running toward the water!

^I loved their interaction with each other while I wasn't directing them. Made for some great, organic shots!





^Ironically, now that we're out of the sun, they are wearing their shades. Silly us!




^Time to party!


^I don't know how many booty grabs I caught on camera throughout the wedding, and while it was usually J'aime, there were a few other guilty parties, but I won't incriminate anyone ;) 



^Little J'aime was just starting to do some walking before I came down. And he improved SOOO much within that week I was there. He even performed his skills for the wedding guests. What a cute moment!




^Baby J'aime's first YMCA moment!

^Ica and a few of her crazy fun friends!


^A quick dance for Grandma and Grandpa, celebrating a recent anniversary!

^I sure love the Palmer parents.






^The cake topper is fitting... booty grabbing bride and groom! Told ya.


^Palmer relatives were responsible for car decoration. Nichole (cousin) and Brian (sister's husband) led the sisters and a few others in this escapade!


^I had to include this... Jennie and J'aime showing off Jennie's new name emblazened on her bathing suit!


^My new favorite ring shot.








My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.