Monday, January 23, 2012

Baby Avery Elizabeth (Michigan Baby Photography)

January 20, 2012


Angela and Cody (two of my friends from high school) had a baby this past November. Little Avery (I LOVE that name!) is so cute, and just barely two months old, but she was SO good for us when she came to my house to have her photos taken with Mom. Angela is visiting home for a few weeks -- Cody is stuck at work in Pennsylvania and couldn't make it up with his girls. We chatted for a long time, while unsuccessfully trying to get a real smile out of Miss Avery. She would only oblige when the camera wasn't in her face.

Cody and Angela got married WAY back in 2006, and they were actually the first wedding I ever went to where I had my "big fancy DSLR" with me. I wasn't their wedding photographer but I had just gotten my D50 and took a few shots as a guest. It was the first time I even did anything that might loosely be described as wedding photography! It was great talking about this and lots of other things with Angela, since I think it's been years since we've seen each other! And of course I was thrilled to meet her daughter. Such a doll! Let's get to the cute baby, shall we?

^She's such a pretty little girl, and so good too!



^First she was fascinated with her toes, and then the fuzzy blanket. She wouldn't look up for us!

^My parents' cat, Puddles, came along to check out the baby.

^Haha, it's not a great photo but it's definitely a funny one!


^She just didn't want to smile much for us!

^But we occasionally caught a coy smile or two!

^So cute! We couldn't get many tummy photos because Avery isn't a fan. But we snuck a couple in.


^Baby toes!

^I think she's getting bored of this!


^Smiling for Mom.

^And she's out! Thanks for being so cute, Avery!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.