Thursday, November 1, 2012

Aaron & Leslie: A Rainy Wedding (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

October 13, 2012

Though I almost wasn't able to, I was very excited to photograph Aaron and Leslie's October wedding. I first met Leslie and her friends from high school (Melanie, Sabrina, and Kélé) at Sabrina's wedding back in 2009. It was a blast and the girls were great. I took a photo of Leslie by herself that was so elegant, I actually remember thinking I hope I had a chance to photograph her again someday. Sure enough, when Melanie got married in 2010, I got to see the girls once again. And this summer, all three of the friends (Kélé is already married, shoot, I almost got them all! ;) contact me when Leslie was doing her planning process. Unfortnately I was booked, but a few weeks later, that couple actually decided to move their wedding date and I was free again! Leslie, Aaron and I met for their engagement photos and officially booked the wedding with a month to go.

They had a HUGE wedding party, and even though it was so big and everyone was having a blast AND it was seriously pouring rain the WHOLE day, the event went off without a hitch. The wedding was inside at the lovely Grand Volute Ballrooms, and though I had to work a little bit at finding indoor locations we could take our party bus to, Aaron and Leslie were having the most relaxed and best time ever, all their friends were have a blast but still stepped up and did their photos (which I always appreciated), and I got to see lots of familiar faces! I think my favorite part was that Aaron and Leslie looked so elegant together. Oh, and their first dance. They tuned out the entire room and just enjoyed themselves. LOVED IT.

Without further ado, enjoy the rainy but beautiful wedding of Aaron and Leslie!


^Loved her shoes. I was looking for some just like that (in pink) for a wedding I'm in.





^First look time!



^This is the first I've ever heard of pudding shots... mmmmm!
 

^DeVos Place downtown was open and empty... awesome spot for such a big group.


^LOVE IT!

^Even though we mostly had to stay inside, the canopy at DeVos allowed us to snag some fall color after all!








^Quite dapper, no?




^Leslie's dress was absolutely gorgeous!!! It fit her perfectly and she looked SO elegant!



^My four favorite friends... Melanie, Leslie, Sabrina, and Kélé!









^Told you... perfect!





^Aaron is a ham. I loved working with him!




^Getting ahead of themselves... awesome shot!










 


 
^One of my favorites.

^Nice low-light capture from my assistant, Jess!



^I can't believe got TWO shots of Aaron sliding in for the garter. Awesome!






^PARTY!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.