Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Skylar & Alyssa: A Summer Wedding (Metro Detroit Wedding Photographer)

August 31, 2013





Looking forward to Skylar and Alyssa's wedding, I headed over to the east side of the state. Most of you know that I travel, and the east side is one of the spots I frequent a few times a year. This would be my last for the year, but this cute couple had me ready to make the trip. They were great to work with last summer for their engagement session on this side, so it was the least I could do to head out there way for the wedding ;)

Thanks to my assistant for the day, Misty, I got to focus on the ladies to start the day off (while she wrangled the boys).  We all met back up at the church to start the ceremony. Despite the cloudy skies, it was a perfect day for photographing, and Skylar and Alyssa's huge smiles they wore all day long helped as well.

The guys were having a blast and the girls were great sports before, during, and after the wedding itself. We made a trip over to a park nearby to get a few portraits, and it was a perfect spot. Misty, who's from that side of the state, says George George Memorial Park is usually a zoo with weddings (and we did run into two) but luckily we were able to get right in and take some photos. It really was a cool place. Finally we made it to the reception where more fun was in store. I also got to see TWO of my former couples, Jessica and Ryan, and Jessica and Jason (a couple cousin's of mine who are great supporters and fans :). Thanks to everyone, especially Alyssa and Skylar for an awesome day, and we hope you love the photos.

Hair and make-up: Studio 9 Salon, Sterling Heights, MI
Bride's dress: Maggie Sottero
Bridal shop: Arena Bridal, Shelby Township, MI
Bridesmaid dresses: David’s Bridal, Madison Heights, MI
Tuxes: President Tuxedo, Troy, MI
Flowers: Viviano Flower Shop, St. Clair Shores, MI
Ceremony: First Presbyterian Church, Mt. Clemens, MI
Limo service: Lavadas Limousines, Warren, MI
Reception: Tina's Country House, Macomb, MI
DJ: Shaun Piazza of Sound Slingers, Rochester, MI
Cake/cupcakes: Buccili’s Cakes, Almont, MI


^I love the fun and flirty addition of zebra print into the wedding décor.



^A few furry friends to help out with the bridal prep.






^Alyssa, you're gorgeous!


^Rockin' the purple and zebra print in the middle of the street. Love it, ladies!








^My assistant for the day, Misty, met up with the boys ahead of time while I was with the girls.

^They were having a little too much fun.

^Skylar, our handsome groom.




^This guy showed up in quite a few shots.... photo bomb guy.

^Even the guys were rocking the zebra print.










^A beautiful church to be married in!







 





^They are such a cute couple.


^LOVE this shot.!

^A great shot by Misty.





^I told you they were cute.




^So serious... ;)




^Not to be outdone...










^Misty did a lot of the detail shots for me. Ahhh, what a relief!





^My love of cupcakes was in full force at this wedding!





^Ryan's speech was a genuine roast. Well done (Ryan is one of my former grooms and actually my cousin as well!



^The glow necklaces and such were a great touch :)





^Mmmmm, cherry chip!












^These two were married in 2011 if you remember!!! In case you don't, click Jessica and Jason to see their photos.






^Another of my couples, Ryan and Jessica, married back in 2009 :)




My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.