Monday, September 23, 2013

Traverse City, 2013

August 10, 2013

On rare occasion, I get to do a little travelling. This coming weekend, I am headed up to the U.P. for the first time even in the fall. I'm excited to see the changing leaves on some of my favorite spots in the world! My family and I usually have been up there in the summer so I'm excited for a change of pace in one of my favorite places. But back to TODAY'S post...

Some of my favorite trips are to places in the great state of Michigan. This really is an amazing state with so many beautiful locations, and even better, most don't require a plane ride to get to them (which is great for me since I'm not a fan of flying!). Over a month ago (See? I'm still busy!), my husband, Mike, and I took a quick Sunday drive up to Traverse City. We went to the Old Mission Peninsula to grab a little wine and see the gorgeous views of Lake Michigan. See our quick trip below!

^Mike and myself on our first stop up on the Old Mission Peninsula.

^Vines at the Chateau Grand Traverse winery.


^We tried a few wines and bought a cherry one :)

^We followed Peninsula Drive ALLLLL the way to the top of the peninsula.


^Mission Point Lighthouse.


^We decided to walk all the way to the end.



^Getting just a little further out.

^Yeah, yeah, you win, babe!


^We made a stop at the old state hospital. It's kind of a creepy looking place but so cool.

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.