Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tony & Emily's Wedding (Detroit Metro Wedding Photographer)

June 1, 2013



Not very often do I edit a wedding more than 6 months after I took it. Although technically I didn't second shoot Tony and Emily's wedding, it's a similar situation, which is how I can explain the late post. My good friend and fellow photographer, Misty of Misty Minna Photography, asked me if I would help with her brother's wedding. She wanted to photograph but she was in the wedding, and that's a tricky task! That's where I came in. While I was primary photographer for some situations (specifically the ones Misty needed to be in, like the ceremony and group portraits), I took a backseat to help out where she was able to shoot as well. I still came up with lots of great images and I'm super excited to share a wedding since I haven't done one in months!

When second shooting, more often than not, you get a lot of photos from the groom's perspective. That was the case with Tony and Emily's wedding as well. While Misty and the bride were off getting fancied up, I met Tony and a few of his groomsmen at his house for a few getting ready shots and then moved on to portraits. I also got to photograph the ceremony, where there was so much gorgeous natural light. Even though the skies were threatening rain during portraits, we got it done and headed off to the reception.

The Minna's are Italian, and I've never EVER been to a wedding with a more amazing spread of food. The buffet wasn't just a bunch of tables laid out in a straight line, but arranged to be curvy so as to fit every amazing dish. And there were a LOT of dishes! I don't know how I finished photographing the wedding with all I ate. And there was a chocolate fondue bar too... wow! Absolutely wonderful.

Anyway, it was a pleasure being a part of this wedding and being able to help out a fellow photographer. And I had lots of fun! Not to mention, here are some images that might warm you up on another chilly Michigan winter day ;)

(If you just can't get enough of these too, check out Misty's blog post. She got a few different shots from me as well!)


^Surprise for Tony... a classic car to drive for the day!



^The one on the right is one of my favorite shots!


^Emily is more of a sport type, but she still made a beautiful bride!




^Misty and Tony's mom is one of my favorite ladies!





^Oh, I really like this one too ;)




^Just a few quick couple shots, then on to the reception!
 




^Great wedding. Misty and I got our photos taken in the photo booth too... but that's a story for another day ;)
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.