Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Winter Wedding Styled Shoot (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

February 2, 2014






Although the winter is so long, and all Michigan weddings are SO much more pleasant in the warmer weather, there is something just a little bit magical about a winter wedding. I never have too many of them around this time of year (and in a year like this, I can't say I'm too sorry!), so when Carrie and Wes won my 2013 contest series, I had the perfect idea to make up for that.

We created a mini winter wedding, just for them. Though they were married on a bright, sunny, and warm day in August, we headed back to the place they did their engagement photos to recapture a little winter warmth. I got to work with two favorite Grand Rapids area vendors of mine in addition to this great couple, so that made the session all that much better.
 
First of all, I want to give a shout out to Allison and Events by Ludemas. They created another gorgeous bouquet for us and it was just the right amount of color and beauty to liven up our winter neutrals. Events also helped us with our November styled session, Glitz & Glamour, that I posted just last month. They are some talented designers! Allison included in this beauty white anemones (by request :), blush pink and white ranuculus, white roses, peach English garden roses, pink peonies, and dusty miller foliage. We were a little worried the flowers would wilt in the freezing cold, but theybeauties held up wonderfully for the shoot and a few extra detail shots afterwards.
 
As you will see with most styled sessions, I wanted to create a little table to show off a few more of the details. In addition to the flowers, I contacted Barb of It's Personal by Sweet Cakes, who created the absolute PERFECT little cupcakes for our session. She used pearly white and pink fondant and personally designed each cake to look unique and pretty. And even better, they tasted amazing when all the photos were finished!

And last but not least, the beautiful Carrie and her handsome husband, Wes. I've been working with them in some way or another since August 2011, when I photographed Carrie's sister's wedding. We did both a summer and winter engagement session, and now we've kind of done both a summer and winter wedding! Haha, we just can't get enough! Anyway, Carrie's dress was perfect for this session, and we just added a few details, jewelry and the fur shrug her sister, Emily, kindly let us borrow. Carrie even made her perfect gloves herself. Love a little personal touches.
 
Despite the cold, the session went well and the images are beautiful! I had so much fun both taking and editing these. Special thanks to my vendors, who do an amazing job every time, to the models, since I obviously love them so much, and my husband, Mike, who carried everything for us during the shoot. So without further ado, enjoy our awesome styled session!
 
Cupcakes: It's Personal by Sweet Cakes
Dress: Maggie Sottero
Jewelry: Premier Designs
Parasol and fan: The 1 For U
Glassware: Home Goods



^I just love it!!!

^The flowers add just the right little splash of color.



^Carrie's details.

^A few details from Wes as well.



^The parasol idea came up during a little brainstorming Carrie and I did. Just perfect!






^These two are perfect!

^Last few shots, after we let Carrie warm up again. Such a fun time!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.