Thursday, March 13, 2014

Adam & Lauren: Engaged (Detroit Metro Wedding Photographer)

March 8, 2014



No doubt about it, I absolutely love working with people. I was just telling my husband the other day that, while I love taking scenic and artistic images, my passion really lies with photographing people. And photographing people who are enthusiastic about being photographed is even better. Lauren is just that... when we met up about photographing her wedding last August, it was awesome as we looked through images every time she said "Oh I remember this one!" and "I love that one, I remember seeing it on your blog!". She's great. And so is the family she's marrying into. I've photographed both of her fiancé, Adam's sister's weddings now. I'm going 3 for 3 with their wedding this July.

One of the many wretched snowstorms this winter delayed our first scheduled engagement shoot back in January. But we had MUCH better travelling (and shooting) weather this weekend and we finally made it happen. Lauren, who pays attention to detail and was a great help in finding great locations in an area I'm not familiar with, led myself and Adam to a few cool spots. She's got a good eye, I have to say. We even finished up at the bar that she and Adam met at. It's always awesome to throw a little of your own history into your engagement session.

Just like the other members of their family whom I have photographed, these two are a pleasure to work with. They are both fun-loving, outgoing and they enjoyed themselves through our session. I'm even more excited for their wedding now! Oh, hurry up, summer!


^Look at that think sparkle!





^Adorable!


^Love these!




^We found out just before this shot that we weren't supposed to shoot at this location. Still had to get one more shot!



^Visiting downtown Rochester Hills and I found some IVY!



^I requested she wear her scarf. I'm kind of a scarf fanatic :)


^They had thought about bringing their dog but ended up deciding against it. This one is a stand in ;)

^The one on the left is my favorite, I think!


^This is where they met. Love it!


^Can you tell I REALLY like her ring?

^One of the waitresses let them go behind the bar. Perfect ending to a great session.
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.