Thursday, April 30, 2015

Jordon & Alexandra: A Crystal Mountain Wedding (Northern Michigan Wedding Photographer)

April 11, 2015

It's wedding season again! As most of you who follow my blog know, I LOVE wedding season, and it's so great to get back into it again, and so early this year! Jordon found me online (with some prompting of some mutual acquaintances of ours) and we chatted about doing his wedding up at Crystal Mountain Resort this April. I had just been saying that I haven't had a northern Michigan wedding in quite awhile and really wished one would come along. Fate, no?

Anyway, I then started the planning process with Alexandra (Alex!) to get all the details hammered out for their wedding. Such a small, intimate little gathering it was going to be. I had no idea how quaint and perfect, laid-back and fun it was going to be. Both of Jordon and Alex's families were so welcoming, friendly and fun that I felt like I fit right in. After their adorable and heartfelt ceremony (officiated by Alex's sister), we set out to get a few photos (thanks to Jordon's brother for the assisting) and then dinner (yum... and yay for parentheses!). Though it was a very non-traditional type of wedding, it fit this family's personality so perfectly that I couldn't imagine a better day for Jordon and Alex.

And a warm, gorgeous day up north in April? Not a bad way to start the season!

Ceremony: Crystal Mountain Resort, Thompsonville, MI
Officiant: Karly Hillman (the bride's sister)
Hair and Make-up: by Alex herself :)
Dress: Marrymanor on Etsy.com
Headband: MonaAccessory on Etsy.com
Tux: Joseph A Bank
Flowers: Victoria's Floral Design, Beulah, MI
Dinner Reception: Thistle Restaurant, Kinlochen Lodge at Crystal Mountain

^What a PERFECT day!


^Alex's grandma's ring.


^Desserts for after dinner!


^What a beautiful bride Alex is!

^Alex shows her sisters the cards she has for her vows... complete with drawings for reminders.


^How I love this shot!



^Sassy sister ;)





^Congratulations from the family.




^Cheers to the newlyweds!

^"Oh, you AREN'T supposed to drink the whole thing at once?"




^Time for a little exploring!




^LOVE!


^Our very handsome groom.


^Is this couple not gorgeous?


^Absolutely beautiful bride.

^I loved her bouquet! So colorful and spring-y!








^Another favorite... my 'creeper' shot ;)



^Dinner took place at the Thistle inside of the castle-like Kinlochen Lodge at Crystal Mountain. Very tasty!

^These people are amazing.



^A couple more shots of gorgeous-ness ;)

^At first, this harsh light was irritating me, but now, I'm kind of loving it.



^So many organic/candid shots of these two. I can't get enough!


^These two BOTH remind me of celebrities. But look at them, they know how to work the camera!



^Wedding number one... AWESOME!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.