Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Backyard Prettiness: Part Seven, Eight & Nine

July 21, 2015

Our backyard is feeling just about spent for the year. There are a few good weeks left before the frost will start coming in, and we've still got some good flowers in the back. Two of these last few "sessions" were from some of the hotter parts of the year, however, and the flowers were definitely going strong! The last shoot was after a little cold weather and lots of those plants are still holding on. All in all, it was a good year in our backyard!

^There are seasons for most of our flowers but the roses go all summer long. Love it.

^I missed our orange double lilies (just what I call them) because they didn't last long this year.

^The flox at their best.


^This stargazer came out of the peony plant last year. I came back again.

^My hydrangea is also doing great!


August 13, 2015

^Some of the darker flox. They are dying out but still got some color to them.

^My fine, ready to flower.


^Hosta flowers. They are gone now but there were lots at one point.

^I was very upset because I thought I missed my gladiolas, but a few more came up. Phew!

September 23, 2015


^The roses aren't ready to quit yet!



^This little guy has been going strong ALL summer!

^This feels like a good "end of the season" photo, as berries are a bit reminiscent of Christmas!


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.