Monday, November 7, 2016

Chris & Amber: A Downtown Wedding (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

September 30, 2016



Everyone knows that I love weddings. Another thing that I love is getting to work with families that I've worked with before. Back in 2012, Amber's sister, Bethany, married Ryan at one of my favorite weddings! Everyone there was so much fun to work with and I loved the setting. When I found out Amber was getting married this year, I was so excited to hear that she wanted me to be her photographer for her and Chris. They are a great couple to work with, just like Bethany and Ryan were, and I loved seeing their family again.

But first, we had to do engagement photos. Chris and Amber incorporated some of their "story" into both their wedding and engagement sessions. Their first date was at Brewery Vivant in Eastown and so we made sure to stop there first for a few quick shots. We spent the rest of the session outside as it was an amazing gorgeous day, especially for February (even though we couldn't get any snow to show for it!). And on their wedding day, we made sure to do the same. This time, we brought the entire wedding party and even stayed for a few drinks! It made for some fun candids and other great shots. We even took one of the bride and groom at the spot where they sat for their first date. Oh nostalgia!!!

Their wedding took place at the Goei Center in downtown Grand Rapids, which is a great place especially for the weather we were threatened with. It got a little bit wet outside but we were all safe inside for the ceremony and reception. Almost all of the details of the wedding were DIY by the bride and her friends and family, and they definitely put their heart and souls into their work. The ceremony was perfect (they actually signed the marriage license during it, which is something I've not seen) and everything went off without a hitch. I loved interacting with the guests and photographing everyone. We even got some last minute couple shots of Chris and Amber. Yay for that!

I'm so excited to share their wedding. A great couple; thanks for choosing me!

Ceremony and Reception: Goei Center, Grand Rapids, MI
Hair: Mani Aghababian
Dresses: Vera Wang, David's Bridal
Tuxes: Vera Wang, Men's Warehouse
Details (flowers, centerpieces, favors, etc): DIY by bride, bridesmaids, moms, etc
Day of set-up: mothers of the bride and groom
Catering: YoChef Catering, Grand Rapids, MI
Cake and Cupcakes: bride, her mom, and bridesmaid Stephanie


^Amazing detail shots by my lovely second shooter, Mandy!



^These aren't Amber's shoes but I don't care, I love sparkles!


^He wasn't thrilled with me taking his photo ;)



^First look!




^So happy!



^A couple great close up shots by Mandy.



^Details at Brewery Vivant.



^These mirror our engagement session. Love when we can do that ;)



^The two girls on the top right are Amber's youngest sisters who aren't old enough for drinks but they found something legal ;)











^Couldn't get over this wall!




^Gorgeous!


^The bottom is the sister shot. Did one very similar at Bethany's wedding (she's the middle one!)









^DIY details! And koi fish!







^Love shots like these. So happy.





^Ahhhh, a great first kiss!


^VERY yummy cake.











^Loved our dancing photos more than usual. Hooray for OCF.


^Favorite.






^It was a great group of people at this party.




^I sneaked a couple of Ryan and Bethany in this one :)





^What a way to end it!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.