Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Congratulations, Ricky & Christa (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

November 10, 2017



Dear Nikon D4, thank you so much for not freezing up or being touchy with the focus on Friday. I was FREEZING outside for almost an hour, looking like a weirdo, sitting there with my camera pressed up against my stomach with coat undone to get it somewhat warmer, on the dam in Rockford. Though the details got a little messed up, this was such a great proposal and I was so happy I got to be a part of it (even if I didn't get warm until the next morning, ha!).

Ricky and I work together. He asked a few weeks back about how he should propose to his long-time girlfriend, Christa (whom I've never met). I think he kind of had a plan already but I appreciate being put in the loop. Of course, I suggested documenting it (because of course I would) but I didn't actually think I would get to until the week of. I feel bad because part of the reason I was freezing my butt off that night was because I told Ricky I could only do it that evening.

Ricky and Christa wandered by me once before Ricky finally started the proposing. She must have thought I was weird, or just ignored me like most everyone else was doing. I was "photographing" the water falling down the dam when he took her hands. No idea what he said, but it must have been convincing. He got down on one knee and I stopped trying to be inconspicuous. Seeing the FOR REAL emotion on people's faces like this is what makes me love this job so much!

Oh, and she said yes!

I finally got to meet Christa and grab a few portraits of them even though it was so cold. We "redid" the proposal in a brighter location in case my shots didn't turn out, but they did (even if they are a little grainy... it was getting dark, fast!) and I'm thrilled. It was such a cool experience to be a part of and I wish these two a WONDERFUL future together!


^I didn't take TOO many photos while I was waiting because I was too frozen and trying to keep my camera from freezing up!

^They walked by at one point, she didn't suspect me of anything ;)


^REAL emotion!






^Here's where Ricky pointed me out to Christa :)

^What an adorable couple.



^Loving the Rockford backdrop.


^We recreated the moment just in case, though thankfully it turns out we didn't need to.




^EEEEK! So excited about things like this. Congrats you guys!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.