Wednesday, February 10, 2021

John & Abby: Engaged! (Southwest Michigan Wedding Photographer)

January 31, 2021



It's engagement season! And despite the weather, you can still have an absolutely amazing session this time of the year. You just have to look outside the box and be willing to get a little chilly in the process. I met John and Abby for the first time as we were about to do their photos at Asylum Lake Preserve in Kalamzoo. It's a place the two of them like during the summer, but it was all three of our first time being there while there was snow.

I knew before I met them that Abby and me would click. She's very detailed oriented and likes to get things done. When we first arrived for their session, we talked about pets (and my kids) and all sorts of get-to-know-you stuff. We finished the session chatting wedding details and all the exciting planning they've been up to. Abby and John were a blast to shoot with. They had no trouble with "off roading" for a great spot to shoot in, nor did they complain once about the cold. Lots of smiles and frozen noses later, their session was complete.

I'm even MORE excited to be able to shoot their wedding this summer. I'm guessing it'll be much nicer then, and I already can't wait. Thanks for choosing me, Abby and John! See you when the sun comes out!



Adorable!!!





Staying warm!




Cozy together.





You guys are so much fun!







What's an engagement session without a little dancing?




My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.