Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Mike & Alyssa: A Backyard Wedding (Southwest Michigan Wedding Photographer)

September 24, 2022




Backyard weddings give a couple the chance to make their wedding more intimate as well as more accessible to family and friends. Mike and Alyssa certainly embraced this idea and I was their to capture the whole event! These two find me fairly late in the year and I was luckily available for their wedding date! I never got a chance to meet them in person before the wedding (though we did chat via Zoom!) but that wasn't a problem at all.

They have a bunch of friends and family who were amazing and helped so much with their wedding. Building the bar, setting up the decorations and tents (twice! There was a windstorm earlier that week!), cooking food for the taco bar. It was a group effort and a lot of fun.

The coolest location for photos was across the street where a vineyard of grapes was located. Such an awesome spot for portraits! They mentioned the grapevines while we were planning things, but I had no idea how cool it was going to be when I arrived. Perfect!

Congrats to you both, Mike and Alyssa! I'm so glad you found me at the last minute :)


Personal details.




First look with Dad.

Getting fancied up.


Such a cool background... grape vines!








Flower boys ;)




Just a few shenanigans. 





My constant companion for the day, Clyde ;)





Attack!



Lovely ladies.



Looking fabulous, Alyssa!




A little cuddle :D









Caricature artist :D





One more quick set of photos at sunset!









My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.