Monday, June 29, 2009

Monica & Josh's Engagement Photos

June 28, 2009

Not all locations are created equal. When I shoot up north (back where I'm from in the Mid Michigan area), I always tend to have a hard time finding nice places to work with. One I've used a lot is in Gladwin at some property my Aunt Charlotte own, but other than that, I have a hard time finding places I really like.

Well Monica had a great choice for her engagement photos this weekend. Island Park in Mt. Pleasant. Oddly enough, I'm surprised I've never thought of it myself before. I used to go out to Island Park with a few friends back when we were in high school and just starting college and we had some good times out there. I guess I just never realized how nice of a photography spot it is!

Even though they had their summer celebration going on down there this weekend, we still had a lot of good locations to use (the river, railroad tracks, the bridges, etc.). Monica and I have been chatting online for a long time now so it was good to finally meet her and her fiance, Josh. Her younger brother, Doug, tagged along as well (check out his taming of the bear in the photos below!). It was a good session and it was fun chatting with the three of them. I'm excited to get to do their wedding in October!

Special thanks to my mom, Patti, for coming along to help in creating shade, you're the best, Mom!!!



























My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.