Monday, June 29, 2009

Niko & Katie's Wedding

June 20, 2009

Some people have wonderful taste! I can definitely say that for Katie and Niko. The locations for their wedding this past June were beautiful and very fun to use for their photos. First, the girls started out at Design One on Plainfield where they had their hair and make-up done. From there we went on to St. Mary's in Grand Rapids, where I got some of my VERY favorite "getting ready" shots ever. The cathedral's architecture was beautiful (although unfortunately, the outside was under construction and we couldn't use it for photos because of all the scaffolding).

The day was pretty warm but once we went to the big blue walking bridge in downtown GR (we saw at least three other wedding parties doing photos down there with us), we were getting a good breeze and didn't have to worry about it too much. I love some of the shots we got with Katie and Niko, and there were some good ones with the whole bridal party (even though we had some trouble with our jumping photo, haha!).

Last, we went to Noto's, an Italian restaurant on 28th Street that had this AMAZING staircase and basement. My only regret was that I feel like we should have done more photos there. At least we got quite a few good ones before the reception got going. It was great working with Katie and Niko, and it went pretty well since I met them for the very first time the Friday before the wedding. Congrats to the both of you!





































My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.