Thursday, May 20, 2010

Feeling Enlightened

And Inspired



Today just hasn't been my day. Everything that happened, even though it is just gorgeous outside, seemed to set me off and put me on the verge of tears. I've noticed (here's the confession) that lately, I'm just on edge a lot and feeling sorry for myself a little too much. It's bothering me because I love to be chipper and happy. Always used to be...

Anyway, I was wasting time here at work on my facebook, stopped by a friend's page and saw a wedding photo that one of their friends had posted. Couldn't resist, of course! I found a new photo blog to add to my list of favorites and met Ashley Folkema. Now I know it's probably "bad for business" to promote another photographer, but her blog was just so inspiring that I can't help myself. I was looking through her images, mostly family and kids and engagements because of the time of year (can't wait to get to more of her wedding images!) but she also does "random" posts where she posts a photo, a little caption and some random thoughts she has been having.

That was such a cute idea, I think I might try something like that myself! But the one post that really struck me was the one about a life changing event that happend to her seven years ago. If you are interested in reading about it, feel free to take a look. It's hers to explain, and I wouldn't do the story justice. However I do want to say that it inspired me to take a step back on my petty issues, those that are big deals to me but still so much smaller than those so many others are going through, and try to remember that I am always lucky to have what I do and that I don't appreciate it enough.

Life is beautiful, and sometimes short, so I need to remember...

~Smile, you look so much prettier that way.

~Enjoy the company you keep, especially when you're all alone.

~Dance like no one's watching, and sing like no one's listening.

~Love what you do, even when it gets a little difficult and trying.

~Laugh AS MUCH as possible.

~Be nice! A smiles gets you so much further than a shout.

~Stay healthy, but don't miss out on life because of it.

~Remember you deserve to be treated with respect, always, period.

~Fall in love with someone who wants to fall in love with you.

I wrote those little "inspiring" thoughts to myself about a year ago. It's been posted here on my wall at work for all that time. I kind of wish I'd paid attention to it a little more...

So to all of you who stuck this blog out until the end, thanks. I hope you feel a little better if you were down or you feel even better if you were up. Not because I had anything to say, because in the grand scheme of things, I don't... but because everyone should be happy. You. Me. Everyone. Life is short, so smile. I know I'm going to do my best to do the same.

Thanks, Ashley. I needed that.
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.