Thursday, May 6, 2010

Susan: Trash the Dress in Chicago

May 1, 2010



I know I've said it before and I promise that I'll say it again... I LOVE TRASH THE DRESS SESSIONS! Only having done one previous to the session I shot this weekend, I knew from the beginning that it was going to be one of my favorite types of shoots. It's all the "pretty" of the wedding without all the stress... you get a pretty girl dressed to the nines (and sometimes a hubby as well, if they feel so inclined) and an hour or two (or more!) shoot her just doing her thing, feeling and looking glamorous! It's so much fun to do and SOOOO much fun to shoot!

This past weekend, a friend of mine and I made our way down to Chicago. It was a nice little weekend trip where we got to see family and hang out, but most importantly, I got to see the beautiful Susan again, one of my former brides from last August. We met up with her on Saturday at the Danada Forest Preserve Equestrian Center and followed her to beautiful downtown Naperville for the photos. Luckily, she knows a thing or two about being in front of a camera because I had a cold and had almost completely lost my voice. Not good for giving direction. But Susan is a pro and before long, we had done 3+ hours of shoot with 300+ NICE shots...

Needless to say, I LOVE the images we came out with here. Susan and I both had a wonderful time, as did my amazing "assistant" who carried around our props in a pink Victoria Secret bag (we know he's a manly man anyway!) and our pretty yellow roses. He even took a turn at the camera and got a couple nice shots.

Thanks again to Susan, it was so great working with you again! You are beautiful and your photos prove it!








































































A great shot by my wonderful "assistant"





My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.