Monday, November 8, 2010

Terry & Cindy: A Wedding

October 23, 2010


It's sad to say this will probably be the last wedding post of the year for me! But I've already got FOUR weddings booked for next season, plus my sister's in September... so anyway... on with the wedding!

I met Cindy about a year and a half ago when I was looking for a new hairdresser. I still hadn't found someone on this side of the city and I was desperate. Finally I found Cindy, who gave me a whole new look, and I've been hooked ever since! I remember she mentioned to me she was getting married this October and I told her I was a wedding photographer... you know where this is going!

Cindy and Terry are a great couple. They have this dynamic between them that even though they tell each other like it is, you can tell how crazy they are about one another. And they are so silly! Cindy was telling me of all the "interesting" shots she wanted taken the day of her wedding, and I'm not sure how we got them all in, but somehow we managed! I don't have all of them posted here, but hey, the blog can only be SO long...

Anyway, this was the first big wedding I shot by myself. It's a little daunting doing this stuff alone, but I've realized that it is possible! But since I knew Terry and Cindy from before, it made things a lot easier. The wedding party was awesome as well, always listening and being game for all the ideas. And the BEST part was that even though it was SUPPOSED to rain all day (the nice weather came the Friday before for the wedding I had on the east side), it cleared up to a beautiful day by the time we started photos.

Congrats to Terry and Cindy, such a fun couple... I'll be seeing you guys soon, my hair needs some fixing up!



^Being a stylist, Cindy got into the action of doing hair on her big day :-)


^When she put the dress on, the emotions started flooding in!







^Cindy and her babies.



^Love that I got the tear here, she's so happy!








^The boys do their GQ pose.






^Terry's son, Cam, getting his flower.

^Terry's daugher, Jenna, displays the bouqets, which Cindy made, amazing!






^One of the coolest sand ceremonies ever! All the family members added a layer.



^The flower girl, Faith, waves a sparkler.



^Terry dances with Jenna.



^A gas mask to get the garter??? You guys... ;-)


^Cindy's mom surprised Terry with a last second lap dance!

^Scarred for life :-)

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.