Monday, October 24, 2011

Brent + Kaitlyn: Engaged (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

October 15, 2011

Brent and Kaitlyn spotted my work when they saw Charles and Jenna's wedding photos. Kaitlyn goes to school at CMU with Charles. And I'm so glad they found me! They chose me as their wedding photographer for next year and I was excited to meet them for their engagement shoot a couple weekends ago. Both Brent and Kaitlyn went to college (for their undergrad degrees) at Aquinas College in Grand Rapids. So while they both live out of town, they came back down to tour the campus for their photos.

Aquinas (celebrating their 125 year anniversary this year!) is a gem! Depsite being just east of downtown GR, I've never been there. I was so excited when I stopped by for a visit. The location is gorgeous, so many beautiful old buildings, with some new things thrown in here and there. I loved it, even in the high winds we had to put up with! We had so many great spots to take photos, I couldn't get enough. We also picked a great weekend to visit as it was the students' fall break. So we had lots of time to wander and very little distractions.

It was so fun chatting with Brent and Kaitlyn, snapping awesome photos of such a great couple and getting to chat about their August 2012 wedding. Afterwards, they were off to watch the UofM vs MSU game with friends, so we snuck in some sporty shots at the end! Thanks so much to the two of you for choosing me for your wedding and engagement photos. I can't wait to head up to Traverse City for the wedding next year!


^On the steps of the acedemic building... it was awesome!



^Cute!



^I LOVE ivy!!! See? Isn't it awesome?





^The wind kindly left a few nice leaves on the trees for us. Love the color!





^Perfect!





^Administrative office at Aquinas. Used to be someone's home. Amazing!









^Getting silly. Laughing shots are so fun because you break up the monotany of the sit-and-smile posing :)





^Alma mater!

^In honor of the MSU & UofM game that took place that day, we did a few sporty shots!

^Notice their jerseys... Save the Date! 08.20.12

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.