Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Nick + Amber: Engaged (Lowell Wedding Photography)

October 19, 2011

When Nick, a guy would I work with at my "regular" job, asked me if I could do his engagement photos for him, I was of course excited. I always love working with people I know. It's a fun way to get to know them a little better and show them my "photo girl" side. Nick is a great guy, and although I've only ever met his fiance, Amber, in passing a couple times, I had a blast taking their photos for them. I chose the location, Fallesburg Park in Lowell, with hopes that the trees on the river valley would still have kept their leaves after all the wind we had that weekend... as you will see, I was wrong. However the subdued light and the gray background actually made for a great shoot.

Nick had another Lowell location in mind for us, so we, in our three cars, went in search of it. Well, it turns out it was in an entire other part of the area, and instead we stopped by the home of a coworker of Nick's and mine. He wasn't home, but his wife was and let us use their backyard for a few more shots before we wrapped things up. The light was almost gone by then, so we only got a few, but it was worth the stop anyway.

Thanks to Amber and Nick for letting me be a part of your pre-wedding festivities. They will be getting married in Jamaica next October, I may need to discuss that further with them ;-) Congrats, you two!


^I kept putting poor Nick in these awkward positions, but these two still totally rocked it!



^REAL laughs, my favorite!



^I was going to put them back on the rocks, but Amber's shoes weren't having it. This was a fine compromise.


^So dang cute!

^You already saw the color version of this shot... totally my favorite!



^More laughs! Hehe.


^Trying to catch some of that dying light on top of the hill.


^LOVE!


^Thanks Nick and Amber! You totally made my evening!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.