Thursday, September 6, 2012

Brent & Kaitlyn: A Traverse City Wedding (Traverse City Wedding Photographer)

August 18, 2012

Brent and Kaitlyn's wedding has been and will be the longest wedding day I've had this year. My assistant, Jess, and I set off for Traverse City at 8am, to make sure we got there on time. The couple purchased a 10 hour package, and then we had another two and a half hours home... phew! Longest day on record. But it was a beautiful day and worth it. These two, who are super sweet and I love working with them, had nothing but sunshine and blue skies, and decent temperatures too. Though there were a few hiccups... the bus went to Brent's house instead of picking them up at the church, I had Kaitlyn lean against two walls at different times, that got either her or her dress a little messy (so sorry, Kaitlyn!)... it was a great day!

One of the coolest things of the day were the locations we got for our wedding party and couple photos. A few of my GR photographer friends suggested the old state hospital in TC. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was amazing. It's a HUGE restoration project, but there are still some rundown parts which made for some awesome photos if I do say so myself. And despite the Bay being way down from our lack of rain this summer, we found a fine beach for some bright and colorful water shots. Yay!

Congrats again, Brent and Kaitlyn. I had a blast working with the two of you (finally!) and I sincerely hope to see you again in the future... maybe at Janae and Isaac's wedding next May?!? ;-)

Dress Shop: Victoria's Bridal & Boutique (Dearborn Heights, MI)
Hair & Make-up: Escape Salon, Victoria Sylvestor (Traverse City)
Ceremony: Saint Francis of Assissi (Traverse City)
Florals: Custom Creations (Kingsley, MI)
Bus: By the Bay (Traverse CitY)
DJ: Spetrum Entertainment (Dearborn, MI)
Reception: Park Place Hotel (Traverse City)

^TC from the top of Park Place.





^Jess and I saw two huge sunflower fields on our way up... we should have stopped, I have now become obsessed!







^Looking good, Kaitlyn!



^Two flower girls and FIVE ring bearers... and they all made it down the aisle!



^I'm pretty sure this is my favorite of Brent's.




^They didn't want to see each other, but they got to hold hands :)





^So darn cute!



^Awesome buildings at the old state hospital. You should have seen the grin on my face when we pulled up!







^Lovely ladies!


^Very  nice, guys!





^AWWWWW!


^What a beautiful sky!

^ALMOST everyone off the ground, great work, group!








^Love the homemade runner cake topper!

^You KNOW that's a lot!






My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.