Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tom & Michelle: Engaged (Grand Rapids Wedding Photography)

April 20, 2013































Whenever a bridesmaid or groomsman "comes back" to me for their own wedding, I get all giddy inside. This time, BOTH came back. Tom and Michelle were both a part of Keith and Marjorie's wedding last summer (you might remember a certain sword fight...?), and this year they will be getting married (finally!) with me there to record all the fun details. Tom and Michelle are both actors and were particularly good at my 'hold that kiss!' shots. Also, they got to witness the historic flooding that was almost at it's peak in downtown Grand Rapids at the time, which, while it was quite a bad turn of events, was still awesome to see. It made for some interesting outdoor shots, to be sure. My favorite photos were of the two of them in their finest (Michelle made her dress!) in the beautifully lit DeVos Place. Though we froze when shooting outside, we had a great time and I can't wait for their wedding in July!


^That's not where the river usually starts (see the trees?).


^Michelle showing off the flooding.


^Like this one :)

^Tom is very dashing!

^These are the outfits they got engaged in (at Disney World in Cinderella's Castle, no less!).


^As I mentioned, Michelle made this dress. She's pretty talented!


^Probably my favorite!






^Visiting the Amway Grand Plaza.



^Awesome!




^Storming the... church... :-)


^Not that it took me this long to notice, but isn't Tom's mustache great?!?



My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.