Wednesday, October 16, 2013

John + Megan: Engaged (Michgian Wedding Photographer)

October 6, 2013

 
Though somehow we managed to dodge the rain all weekend, Sunday was another story. A few weekends back, I drove over to Albion College, where John and Megan met, to do their engagement session. It was just not our day in terms of the weather, but we made the most of it and came out on top after all. I met John for the first time quite a few years ago. His dad is one of the owners of the company I work for at my "day job", and John would work in the warehouse occasionally during the summers a few years back. I've always loved this job, everyone has always been so nice, and even though John wasn't always around, he fits that category too. I was thrilled to meet his fiancé, Megan, and we really hit it off... they are awesome people... and a pretty cute couple at that.
 
Back to the session. It poured on my whole trip over to the college, and though it did start to let up by the time I actually arrived, it was still pretty misty throughout the whole thing. But I still got to tour the campus of Albion--which looks like a great place--and hang with John and Megan as we searched for partially covered spots or fought with various umbrellas. We even made it to the baseball field (John played during his time at college) for a few shots. All in all, a successful day!
 
Bonus... John's parents (yes, that means my boss was there!) met us toward the end of the session and then took us all out to a pizza lunch afterwards. So the soggy weather doesn't seem so bad in hindsight. Anyway, John and Megan are great and I'm way geeked to get to work with them on their wedding next August as well... but in the meantime, enjoy their rainy session at Albion!
 
^Our first spot was indoor, but then we got braver ;)



^Hanging out under trees works pretty well!





^LOVE :)






^Very cute ;)


^Finally some good colors!




^Probably one of my favorites!

^Rockin' John's dad's umbrella... Albion College!




^A quick stop at the college food court. It's changed a lot since they've been here, according to Megan.

^Hanging out in the dugout.



^John's two loves ;)



^VERY nice!

^"A" is for Albion... hey! And also August, when they will be tying the knot!

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.