Thursday, June 18, 2015

Brandon & Erin: A Blossom-Filled Wedding (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

May 16, 2015



Wow, do I love spring weddings! But I haven't had the pleasure of getting to incorporate the spring blossoms into a wedding yet, until this year. I was super excited to work with Brandon and Erin since their engagement session last fall. They are a very fun-loving and sweet couple. So much fun to work with, and pretty good looking on top of that, haha! Their friends/bridal party were just the same. Though large groups require a lot more yelling (so they can all hear me ;), this crew was pretty easy to work with. I even got to ride in the party bus to experience all of their fun as well. Just a little crowded, but the best ones always are.

We had so much time after their sweet wedding ceremony to explore two great locations (a farm and an orchard, owned by Erin's family) for photos. And look at all the beautiful backgrounds we were able to get!!! Swoon. It was all the most perfect for the time of year and for the beautiful day it turned out to be. To top it off, we stopped at Perrin Brewing before heading to the reception. My only regret was that Kristin (my assistant for the day) and I weren't able to grab a Raspberry Blonde before getting back to work!

There was tons of fun and dancing at the reception, which I expected, knowing Brandon and Erin's personalities. What a great party! It was a long day, with pretty much more running than I've had to do in a long time, but it was well worth it all. Thank you both, and to all your family and friends who made us feeling welcomed! I wish you both a wonderful life together!

Hair/Make-up: Outter Image Salon,
Bridal shop: Becker's Bridal, Fowlerville, MI
Bridesmaid dresses: Alfred Angelo
Ceremony: Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Comstock Park, MI
Flowers: Shelly's Designs Florist, Grand Rapids, MI
Reception: English Hills Terrace, Comstock Park, MI
DJ: Curtis Avison, Holland, MI



^Mission: Accomplished :)


^A gorgeous bride in her wedding dress.







^The blossoms (especially the apple ones!) were just perfect for the wedding. So gorgeous!

^Sometimes seeing a mom get to see her son for the first time is great too! Thanks for this, Kristin!


^I think he likes her outfit ;)

^Gift for the bride.




^Beautiful flowers and a gorgeous sanctuary!



^Married!





^Cheers to fun, friends, and LOVE.

^The weather had me worried at first, but this is just perfect!

^Our first stop was a family farm belong to Erin's family. Love the locale!




^Brandon is a very handsome groom!



^A favorite of mine!



^These people know how to have a good time.


^Erin, you are beautiful!

^Brandon spotted this spot, so I was happy to take it for him!



^Love! What a great sky we had for this wedding!


^On to the orchard... this is Erin's special apple tree.


^Erin and her siblings in the orchard.




^Boys will be boys.


^Great shot by Kristin again!

^Shelly, your work is always awesome!

^Lovely ladies!


^Can we get back on the party bus yet? ;)

^Brandon's buddies from the Marines. Thank you all!

^One last stop at a local favorite, Perrin! I was jealous Kristin and I couldn't grab a drink, too!


^On to the reception.


^Lots of cute decor.

^What a pretty cake!


^I think she was worried that he'd smash it in her face...





^Love these, awesome back lighting!




^Dollar dash ;)

^Erin wins!







^My favorite garter toss photo ever is the one on top. Awesome!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.