Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Boudoir Workshop

April 23, 2016

As I get older and my family grows, I realize that I would love to be able to focus my energy on things that I really love. Honestly, I've always enjoyed all aspects of the photography I do. I absolutely love photographing weddings and engagement sessions. Kids are so fun and families are a wonderful challenge. But one type of photography that I've been doing for a few years that I would really like to excel in more is boudoir photography. I've done lots of marathons and sessions, but I felt like my work was stagnating, and I needed something to give me that next push forward.

I took part in a one-on-one mentoring workshop with Miranda of Miranda Parker Boudoir. She was so sweet, friendly and interesting to speak to. The best part was, I didn't have as much to learn as I thought! We both normally work with a similar lens and she also prefers natural light, which I try to use as often as I can. She coordinated two gorgeous women to be our models during the workshop (with special help from her stylist for hair and make-up) and while she taught me some awesome posing and important things to keep an eye out for, we took some beautiful images. Here are just a few, with more to come, but it's with great pleasure I would like to informally introduce my newest endeavor, Silhouette Boudoir by Jenna Rose. I've got my Facebook page up and running, and I'm currently finishing up with Kristin Marie - Graphic Designer in getting my new logo so the website and blog can be ready very soon.

Even better, I've got four lovely ladies lined up for shoots this weekend who will be helping me "practice" my new tricks in my own studio space. It's nowhere near as cool as Miranda's but we'll see what we can do with it. There's still so much to work on and finish up but I just can't wait to show you more, so for now...




My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.