Wednesday, December 15, 2021

David & Laura: A Haunting October Wedding (West Michigan Wedding Photographer

October 30, 2021




What a PERFECT wedding to end my season on this year! My friends know that I love Halloween, and even though I can't do as much as I used to (my friends and I did parties every year for a long time, I used to put together a haunted forest every year as a kid!), this was absolutely amazing for me! 

I met Laura and David (and their cute pups, Denali and Dakota) last winter for their engagement session and as they gave me more and more info throughout the year about their weddings plans, I was more and more excited! To top it off, despite the clouds and being at the end of October, it was actually a pretty nice day! Not too cold, and just gloomy enough to pull off that Halloween feeling. Old Stonegate Farms was also a wonderful location. It isn't itself a spooky location, but it can definitely give off that vibe given the right circumstances!

Laura's dress wasn't your traditional bridal gown. And David's suit was also much more than your standard tux. The bouquet was fabulous, the decorations fit the event perfectly, and all around, it was pretty much just awesome. 

The end of the year always is welcome when it comes, but even though a break is needed (October burnout is REAL in the wedding industry, people!), I'm always sad to wrap up the year for weddings. This definitely sent me out on a wonderful note. Thank you, Laura and David, for such an awesome day and so many great photos to finish my 2021 with! 

Venue: Old Stonegate Farms, Nunica
Dress: DevotionDresses on Etsy
Hair/Makeup: All Hair Saon by Shawn and Whitney, Muskegon
Flowers: Chalet Floral & Events, Muskegon
Catering: Shesco Mediterranean Grill, Grand Rapids
Cake: Rise Bakery, Grand Rapids
DJ: DJ Jeffery, Montague
Photobooth: Shutterbox Photo Booth


Old Stonegate barn.


Spooky!




Old school GLAM!









Scary socks!


Nothing like a dramatic first look.










SO. COOL.



One of my faves from this one.





Those bouquets.





These details! LOVE!

Precious pups.










Family!



More fancy Halloween chic details.




We ALMOST missed the sunset, but I am SO glad we didn't!






LOVE!!!





Nut, dairy and gluten free!










Dramatic lighting, yay!

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.