Thursday, September 8, 2022

Josh & Alicia: A Summer Wedding (Mid Michigan Wedding Photographer)

August 6, 2022




When Alicia first contacted me, as usual, I asked her where she found me. Her wedding was in Mid Michigan where I don't shoot as often anymore, so I was curious. Turned out she was a bridesmaid in her brother's wedding over 10 years ago and thought of me when it was her turn to walk down the aisle. Awwww! That's super sweet! Of course I told her I would be honored and that I definitely had a few new tricks that I'd learned over that span of time since she last saw my work.

I met her, Josh and baby Joshy for the engagement session last fall and have been anxiously awaiting their wedding ever since. As the day got closer, it was starting to look a little worrisome though! In Michigan, you don't get to choose what your wedding day will be like. August is a warm month, so sunny and heat are expected, but when you get a 100% humidity and 90+ degree day for a wedding, you know it's going to be a bit rough. 

Despite that insane amount of heat, Josh and Alicia were married in front of their families and friends. And at least in the photos, you wouldn't know everyone was glistening with "dew" and all the dresses and tuxes were just a bit damp. It was such a furnace of a day, but the two of them looked amazing and by the time the reception rolled around, no one cared how sweaty they were anymore. Everyone was having a blast. Even little Joshy was still hanging in there by the time I had to leave.

I love your little family, Alicia and Josh! I can't wait to watch you all grow together. Thank you so much for trusting me as your photographer!

Venue - Country View Barn, Coleman
Makeup - Adria Quiroz
Hair - Megan VanHorn
Bridal Gown - Galina Signature, David's Bridal
Tuxes - Black Tie Tuxedo and Costume Shop, Mt Pleasant
Attendant Florals - Village Flowers, Gladwin 
Centerpieces - Alicia (the bride!)
Officiant - Ed Morris
Catering - Jenny's Catering, Shepherd
Bartending - Here 'Til the Last Call, Fruitport
Cake - Maggie's Pastries, Midland
DJ - Sound Productions, Clare


Gifts for the bride's mom and dad.

So many sparkles.



We definitely didn't need the jacket on THIS day!









They don't LOOK overheated anyway!



This poor dude was a trooper! A couple rough spots but he toughed it out!




Stunning, my dear!

All the hydrangeas came from Josh and Alicia's own garden. She made the centerpieces herself!







We did it!





No smiles, but at least he put up with us for a few minutes!







Alicia's gorgeous nieces :D


Just a few seconds of running in the shade ;)



FABULOUS.











Time to have some fun!




Awww!






They aren't done with photos yet :D




So cute :D



Am I right?!



My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.