Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Storytelling: Part One (Northern Michigan Family Photographer)

May 22, 2024




In May, I attended a workshop with Amy Carroll at the stunning Foxglove Farm in Suttons Bay. This gorgeous new venue hosts various events, including weddings, art shows, and performances,  and it was a pleasure to be able to photograph a few sessions and learn from a well-established professional in my industry.

We focused extensively on movement and storytelling during the workshop, which is a little different from how I usually do my own sessions. With that in mind, I've divided the images I created from this event into three parts. The first two (including this one) feature families interacting with one another, emphasizing less posing and more natural interaction and movement. The final part will showcase a wedding style, which is my specialty! 

This delightful family was a last-minute addition to the workshop as the original group couldn't make it. The adorable kids, their mom and grandmother, and even Junie, the golden retriever, made movement over posing essential! It was a lot of fun to work through various ideas and capture the love in their interactions.

And what good session doesn't start with a tasty snack?




























My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.