Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dan & Sarah's Wedding

October 9, 2009

I always thought that I'd want a BIG wedding. You know, surrounded by everyone I ever met (I'm exaggerating slightly for effect, FYI ;), tons of music and dancing and a big venue to hold all the love, happiness and excitement. Then I was a part of Dan and Sarah's wedding. They chose to make the ceremony all about them... literally! The only people in attendance were their pastor, Tom to conduct the spiritual and legal aspects of the ceremony, myself to record all of their joy, and the event coordinator at their venue, a nice little place called Frog Pond Village in Grawn, near Traverse City.

Let me tell you, the whole thing was amazing. Granted, I'm looking at it from a photographer's point of view because we had all this time in the world to do the BEST kind of photos, those of the couple. But seriously, the best part of this little ceremony was that you could just see how ridiculously in love Dan and Sarah are. There was nothing there to distract from the love they have for each other. And it really shows in their photographs. More than anything I am just so happy for them.

After freezing poor Sarah, who's beautiful dress was unfortunately not made for the upper 40 degree weather we had to contend with, she and Dan headed off "into the sunset" for their honeymoon. And I spent the evening in Traverse City, which if you haven't been there in the fall is a remarkably beautiful place, trust me!

Again, I am SOOOOO happy for Dan and Sarah and have to thank them AGAIN for letting me be a part of their special day. And since no one got to see it but me, it's only fair that I share it with everyone else. Enjoy some of my favorite photos of the whole season!








































































































My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.