Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kyle + Suzy: Engaged

December 20, 2011



As the year draws to a close, I've been looking back on a lot of things that this year meant to me. And I've also been looking forward to what 2012 will bring as well. It's exciting to be able to grow a business from the ground up, and while doing it, make people happy. It really adds another level of importance to the work I do. I am very excited to so far have NINE weddings booked for 2012, and hopefully there will be more to come! I truly love my couples, and I love being able to give them what they are looking for on their wedding day.

It's been almost  a month an a half since I had some real photography work, and I was more than thrilled to be getting to do TWO engagement sessions the week before Christmas. Those out-of-town couples are heading back home, so you have to work with that schedule. Not a problem for me.

Kyle and Suzy were first up this week. Suzy is another alumni of my high school. Back when they were in middle school, her sister and mine were best friends... very creative (and somewhat hilarious) best friends, as Suzy and I discussed on the ride to our location. She met Kyle while the two of them attended grad school down in Indiana. She recently completed her Masters in music, and he is one semester away from earning his Doctorate. Impressive! We chatted all things wedding on our ride, and got a chance to catch up with Suzy a bit as well, which is always nice.

We started inside, but did most of our photos outdoors. It wasn't QUITE as chilly as it had been earlier, so we did all right, I think. Kyle and Suzy were both great sports while I got back into my "groove" as I like to call it. I love meeting couples that are obviously so perfect for each other. Kyle was so sweet with Suzy, and he's a wonderfully helpful guy. We had a fun time, and I'm now even more excited to be a part of their wedding this coming June. Congrats to the both of you on finding such a great match, and thanks for thinking of me!


^Hanging out by the fireplace. A real fire would have been nice!



^I had Kyle "squeeze" her. Quite a cuddle here!


^My new "&". I still love it, but I kind of forgot about it after this shot!



^We took the bulk of this shoot in my Great Aunt's backyard. I LOVE the birches!








^Apparently "owling" is a new trend? Haha.

^This has to be one of my faves. I just love the candid feel it has, and Suzy just looks so happy!


^Awwww!



^The way the bricks on the front step were placed gave this shot a false fish-eye look. Neat!

^We made our way to the Riverwalk for a few more shots before heading home...









^Thanks, Kyle and Suzy, for a great shoot! At least we know it will be warmer for the wedding!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.