Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Martens Family (Grand Rapids Family Photography)

June 7, 2012



It's always so much fun to work with local vendors. I met Emily a month or so back when I helped out with some shots for her website. Although I don't think it's quite done yet, I had a blast meeting her and photographing all the tasty treats from Little Pearl Cupcake (yes, they are tasty, she let me take quite a few home after the shoot!). But this time, she brought her adorable kids for photos instead. Dylan and Lily were great to work with (even if poor Dylan wasn't feeling that great) and even for a quick shoot, we had lots of fun. We took photos near the barn at Bernard J Thome Orchards. I love working their, it's such a gorgeous orchard. Plus Bernie (as well as his daughter - friend, second shooter, and graphic designer extraordinaire, Kristin Huyck) is a great, friendly person and I love chatting with him!

Anyway, thank you to Emily, Lily, and Dylan for coming out for photos. I am looking forward to working with you in the future, too, Emily. You all know how I love cupcakes!

^Probably the most gorgeous family photo ever! ;-)


^He still had a smile for me!


^Such a cute duo.



^Absolutely LOVE Lily's headband! I might have to get one myself! Fancy That Designs in Rockford :-)

^A happy family!

^Standing in front of the Thome barn, originally build in... you guessed it, 1883!


^They loved the old car, so we made sure to stop by!



^Thanks again, Emily!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.