Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Why EVERYONE Should Get Engagement Photos

March 20, 2013

First of all, Happy First-Day-of-Spring, everyone! It may be freezing, windy, and snowy here in Michigan, but all of us are READY for the warm weather, and all us wedding photographers (as well as us getting-married-couples) are ready for wedding season. In preparation for the upcoming season, I want to do a quick post that explains why I think EVERYONE should consider doing engagement photos with their photographer before their wedding. Check it out!

Reason #1: You photographer LOVES to work with YOU.
As a photographer, working with each and every couple personally is a great experience. It's great to know how the couple and you interact in an actual photographic situation ahead of the wedding day, so both you and the photographer knows what to expect. I've always been told that I have a way about me that makes my couple's enjoy the experience, and I sincerely hope that's true! I love what I do! But as I mentioned, it takes a little extra strain off everyone to know what to expect on your wedding day.

Reason #2: Memories!
Even though you will have tons of awesome photos from your wedding, having a few extra of the two of you looking "normal" is always a great opportunity. After the wedding, life takes back over again, and it seems like you rarely have any time or occasion to get your photos taken, just the two of you. With engagement photos, most people expect to see them and you have a great reason to do them... decorations for the wedding, newspaper announcements, wallets for grandma or mom's fridge, etc.

Reason #3: Wedding client discounts
A lot of photographers have engagement photo discounts for their wedding clients, myself included. We WANT to work with you more than just the once, so you should totally take advantage of that! My policy is half-off for my wedding clients, and some prints ARE included!

Reason #4: Access cards :)
This may not be typical of all photographers, but one thing I like to do is create gallery access cards for your guests to take at the wedding reception. They have all the info on how to view your wedding photos as soon as they are edited. And they have your faces on them... if you do engagement photos!


These are this year's designs, and I love them! All my couples this year are already awesome, and I can't wait to work with each of them (I've got a few more sessions scheduled... so keep an eye on the blog for their posts!). It's already been a pleasure working with them on engagement photos, and I hope to get to fit EVERYONE else in as well! You know my take on the subject, so just let me know when you are ready to make your appointment!!! Oh, yeah, I do mini-sessions as well, in case you already had your photos done by a friend or something :-)

And just to show these next two couple's off, they are the stars of my May weddings. Can't wait to see the four of you again... VERY SOON!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.