Thursday, December 12, 2013

Time to get Engaged!

December 12, 2013

Since my blog has been so slow this month (I'm keeping busy but they are mostly non-shareable boudoir sessions!), I thought I would talk about engagement season. With the love in the air around the holidays, lots of people choose to get engaged around this time. My husband and I did last year (Dec 8, a few weeks before Christmas) and I know countless others who have done the same. Why not, right? Though I've already got quite a few weddings booked, I'm hoping to get a few more 2014 weddings in, and in that spirit, I want to show off a few of my great couples who are already getting married this coming year.

And if you or someone you know are getting engaged this holiday season, don't forget to give me a call! I've still got wedding dates available! www.jennarosephotography.com

May 3, 2014 - Will and Michelle
These two are getting married up in Houghton Lake, a place where I've done two other great weddings, and I'm looking forward to it. Michelle told me the color scheme and it's something new for me so I'm super excited. Also, it's my first wedding of the year, so yay!


May 29, 2014 - Nate and Kalynn
This will be my only big travelling wedding of the year (at least so far!)... it's going to be up in the UP! I'm super excited to go to a special place for these two, one that also holds a few great memories for me as well. We're doing double duty this weekend and also doing their reception down in the lower Peninsula, so it should be lots of fun, especially since these two are great fun to work with as well!

June 21, 2014 - Jason and Tori
These two haven't had engagement photos done yet. I'm hoping to sneak a quick session of them in before their wedding in June, just so we can show them off to the world... and so I can meet them! They don't live in Michigan, so it will take some figuring out, but I'm sure we'll manage. We did all our wedding dealing on the phone and online, so we've never met face-to-face. But hey, it works that way too!

July 12, 2014 - Bill and Alicia
I did this engagement session way back at the beginning of 2012 but hey, it's perfect for the weather we're getting this week! They are getting married this summer in Lansing and I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar faces for this one. Plus Alicia is one of my favorite people to photograph. It's been too long, my dear!

July 19, 2014 - Adam and Lauren
Another couple who still need to do their engagement photos... they were thinking something winter so I think we can do them any time now! These two I've run into at two weddings in the past two years... Adam's sister's have both gotten married in 2012 and 2013 and now it's his turn. Lauren was super excited to work with me and I'm pretty darn excited myself too! Can't wait for some winter wonderland engagement session time.

August 15, 2014 - Dan and Ashley
Though we were worried about the weather for their session, it turned out perfectly. These two are very photogenic and I'm really happy to be getting to shoot at their venue, Millcreek Barn, in Watervliet. It's super cute from all the photos I've seen. Anyway, these two are great so I'm sure it'll be a blast when it finally comes around.

August 16, 2014 - John and Megan
These two are adorable, and I'm doubly excited to work with them because John's dad is the president of the company I work for when not doing JRPhoto stuff. He's a great guy, and these two are as well. They were great sports for our session, which was completely and utterly rainy. But we toughed it out somehow! Looking forward to another great August weekend for them... with no rain, please!

August 30, 2014
Last but not least (at least so far!) are Kyle and Lauren. Though they haven't done their engagement session yet, we are hopefully planning one, and it might even be out of town... at least for me. They live in Florida and if I can make it down in the next few months, I would love to meet up with them for a few photos. We'll see how that works out, it would be fabulous! Lauren has always been a great fan of mine, and a good friend from our grade school days, and I'm looking forward to meeting Kyle before their Mt. Pleasant wedding. Yay!

As you can see, my fall is wide open, with quite a few slots still available in the spring as well, and MAYBE even another summer wedding. So make sure you get a hold of me for your wedding photography needs! Can't wait to see all the great new people I meet in 2014!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.