Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Winter Weddings

December 10, 2013

Though I've been doing weddings for over 8 years now, it wasn't until last year that I was able to shoot a few winter weddings... and for one, it was raining! Michigan is a tricky state for weather and you never know what to expect. But I love winter weddings, first because it's a slower time and I love to get to sneak one in during winter break, and second, because snow is such a beautiful back drop. Here are a few of my favorite winter wedding photos from 2012 and 2013. And here's hoping I get a few more winter weddings soon!

Nick and Holly - December 29, 2012. My first snowy wedding! I was so excited. It was bitter cold out, but the bridal party were all great sports for quick bouts of outside photos at the church. We made another quick stop in downtown Lowell, but made it quick so as not to freeze anyone. It was a perfect wedding day.








Andy and Kristin: February 23, 2013. I was actually IN this wedding as well as one of the photographers for it. My friend and sometimes assistant (and boss, since I shoot with her as well!), Misty Minna, was our main shooter but I was sure to get my D3 out quite a bit to put my two cents in. The bright pink was perfect against all the white and it was such a great day. Not too much, not too little snow. Way to go, Michigan!







Josh and Samantha - December 15, 2012. Josh and Samantha got married in December, but it RAINED instead of snowed on their wedding day. What a shame! However, we compromised and got together again in February to snap a few snowy shots that they may have missed on their wedding day. We walked around the Aquinas College campus for a bit, and made up for what we missed in December.




My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.