Friday, October 11, 2019

Jacob & Amanda: Engaged! (Chicago Wedding Photographer)

September 20, 2019



My second awesome Chicago couple was Amanda and Jacob, who are the perfect combination of affectionate and fun together. It's so obvious how in love these two are with one another. It's always refreshing to find these souls who are so in tune with one another!

Amanda and Jacob were so easygoing and ready to pose just about wherever, including a sketchy stairway we stumble across toward the start of our session. Even though poor Amanda had an injured foot, she still toughed out the whole long walk through the city. Jacob was more than happy to kiss his bride-to-be, even without my prompting. Oh, and I'm pretty sure Jacob's favorite location was probably when we randomly came across the Oscar Meyer Wiener mobile. Who'd have thought?!

Though I was a touch late meeting with them (as I misjudged the walk to their location!), we still got to spend a lot of time exploring some areas by the river and then heading back to Michigan Ave and getting some amazing architectural shots, with just the right amount of nature mixed in. Just like these two, this shoot was the perfect combination!

Oh, and it looks like I'll be doing their wedding next September so you'll see them again, yay!!!

It was so much fun meeting some new people that I never would have had the opportunity to meet otherwise. And shooting in Chicago is always a pleasure, despite the crazy long drive! Maybe I'll have to make this an annual event!

^Of course we start at the first ivy wall I find ;)


^City love.




^Sketchy people wandering by didn't stop us.




^Under the bridge dancing.

^This one is all for Jacob ;)



^Gorgeous downtown Chicago!



^Just a little playing with light over here...





^This church courtyard is perfect. I stumbled on it a few years ago and was thrilled to get to go back with a couple!







^Found a cute beach. Let's hang out!

My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.