Thursday, July 8, 2021

Jon & Jessica: A Summer Barn Wedding (West Michigan Wedding Photographer)

June 19, 2021




A lot of my 2020 weddings still took place, however all but one of them had to go on with much altered plans; a lot less people could be invited, locations had to be altered, etc. But this was the first of my handful of weddings that were rescheduled instead. Despite having to wait a WHOLE YEAR to finally tie the knot, Jon and Jessica ended up with an absolutely beautiful and perfect wedding day, surrounded by their family and friends in an absolutely beautiful location!

Since I met Jon and Jessica (right at this very place - we did their engagement session at The Vintage Rose Barn as well!), I've loved working with them. We've all chatted about how well they take direction (even when I get super excited and barely make any sense) and I always have a ton of shots that I just LOVE from their portraits. Thankfully, their wedding was no different and since we took so much time to make sure we got lots of great shots, there are a LOT of them! Not to mention the evening light coming through those huge cherry trees... I could cry with happiness! 

Their story is amazing, and though I won't go into details here, let's just say they have a full house with SIX kids to raise (and a brand new little one on the way!), and there is just so much love between them all. Jon and Jessica are so in love and the kids absolutely adore Mom and Dad. One of their daughters was so happy for them all that she couldn't stop crying after the ceremony was over. It was so sweet. 

Despite having to wait a whole year, it was a perfect day. Did I mention they had Olive Garden for dinner? OMG, it's been so long since I had those salad and breadsticks... sorry! But most importantly, we finally got to get this whole family officially and finally united. Congrats to the WHOLE Brummel family! I can't wait to see you all again soon.

Designer - David Tutera
Bridesmaid Dresses - David's Bridal
Tuxes - Men's Wearhouse
Venue - The Vintage Rose Barn, Gobles
Flowers - Southern Blooms Co
Catering - Olive Garden
Cake - Boonzaaier Bakery, Kalamazoo
DJ - Bill Buckner


Looking good, girl!




I love these wood flowers!



Extra special details.






Daddy :D






"Here comes the bride"









They needed a BIG jar for the sand ceremony!







Mommy.









Love all the fluffy dresses!





You guys :D






He's so excited!!!




Love you, girl!








You guys look so happy together!






THIS is the light we were waiting for!














Tree chandeliers are awesome!


My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.