Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Paul & Jenny: A Rochester Wedding

August 12, 2011

One of my favorite things to do, when I don't have one of my own, is to second shoot a wedding. My summer was slow for weddings this year, and the last one I "headlined" was back in the first weekend of June. However, I've participated in a total of four other weddings as second to other shooters since. I am excited to say my next wedding is just three days away, but I wanted to share a few from this weekend with you before I get to crazy-busy.

Paul & Jenny are such a beautiful couple. No, really, see??? I had the pleasure of meeting them while working with my friend and fellow photographer, Misty Minna, who was the official photographer for their wedding. They were married at the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester, and it was a gorgeous event! The weather was also PERFECT for once, and that made the whole day a whole lot easier. Not to mention there were tons of fun English accents to listen to, since Paul and his family hail from England.

It was a great wedding, we had some wonderful locations and great light to work with. And I was so thankful to have the chance to shoot with Misty for the second time this year. We'll be at it again in October! Looking forward to it.
More information.


^Misty is a shoe girl... and she was THRILLED to get to photograph these Jimmy Choo heels. They are pretty fancy...



^Our groom, Paul, getting ready for the big day!


^We head outside of the Royal Park Hotel for some portraits.


^Paul is a "dashing fellow." Please say it in an English accent. He would have :-)



^First look! They both teared up, it was a great moment! One of the best!



^Misty's shots in front of the fountain were much better than mine, but mine are all right. I need a 50mm f/1.8 to play with too!




^Gotta love the bouquet shot. The colors are so pretty, and you all know I like roses.



^Did a few shots of the boys in the library. A good fit for Paul, I think.




^The guys told me Paul's dad looked like Bill Clinton. I can see a resemblance!


^Isn't this a gorgeous location for a ceremony? A photographer's dream in lighting at this time of day, too!


^Now on to the reception, just a few fun shots to leave you with!

^Side note... BEST CAKE EVER. Period.




My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.