Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lisa: Fashion Photography

July 29, 2011

It was HOT. Everyone from Michigan knows that the last few weeks in July and already into August, we've had some really high temps out there. Not always the best for portraits.  But Lisa and I made it through. Lisa was one of my younger sister's best friends back in the old days, so I was thrilled to help her do some professional modeling photos. She's doing some work for NM3, a magazine up in Northern Michigan (where she lives these days) and our session was not only to get some images for Lisa's portfolio, but to do some practice on fashion (photography AND modeling!) as well.

Since we were both in town for the weekend, we met up in downtown Harrison to start some photos. It was a rough start, with the breeze and heat made using the lighting equipment a little complicated, interesting people walking by and chatting us up, as well as a fish named Billy (don't ask!) just sitting on a hook in the lake... but somehow, we managed.

It was fun to catch up with Lisa, since I haven't seen her in a long time. And this isn't the first time I've worked with Lisa, either. I photographed her wedding almost three years ago. We were both chatting about how far my work has come since then. I'm glad people notice! But either way, Lisa makes taking beautiful images of her easy. Look at that gorgeous smile! Thanks for choosing me to do these photos, Lisa, and I hope you like 'em!



^We decided the strobe wasn't going to work when it fell down right before this shot. I like natural light better anyway!



^This little leafy alcove was beautiful for lighting! Perfect!


^Lisa's rocking the "pushing the hair out of her face" look.


^Love it!


^Hot pink is one of the best colors... so bright and fun, and look how BOLD it is.

^Tell me she's not just gorgeous!

 ^These shots are out behind Harrison High School, our alma mater. I really love the field look, so it was pretty exciting for me. Haha.



^It may have been pretty hot, but the wind was fairly cooperative in some of the shots!


^Phenomenal halo effect. Thank you, thank you... ;-)







^It was great working with you, Lisa. Call me anytime!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.