Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Zach + Nicole: A Spring Engagement (Grand Rapids Wedding Photographer)

April 29, 2012

With as many engagement sessions as I have coming up this spring, I made a point to go out on a scouting mission in April. I absolutely despise scouting. I'd much rather just stumble upon an awesome location instead of hunting them down. However, on my latest mission, almost every location that I drove to led me to exactly that: a stumbled-upon location that was perfect. Case in point, Fillmore at the Bend. This park, complete with gorgeous barn and field, is located just south of Grand Valley State University. Which means I drove by it for FOUR years and never noticed! I am so glad my scouting trip took me there, because it was a perfect spot to meet with Zach and Nicole.

It's always fun meeting another great couple. I met Nicole way back in January, but it was great to meet Zach as well. We had been worried we were going to get rained out, but this Sunday turned out to be gorgeous (just a little breezy!). We did a quick few shots for a styled session I had planned, and then proceeded with the rest of the session. It was fun working with these two. And you WILL see them again. We're planning another engagement session, maybe this fall or winter, and then they'll be getting hitched on July 6 of 2013. Save the date!


^These are some of my favorites from the day.



^A few very serious looks, love it!





^Loving the distressed look of the barn paired with the sharp outfits. Lovely.











^Wait, maybe this is my favorite... :-)







^Location change... we headed to Hager Park just south in Jension. Lots of good shade!










^Cute!





^Special thanks to Jeanie Huyck and Kristin Huyck for getting this banner ready to go!
My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.