Thursday, June 16, 2022

Marcela & Nick: Waiting for Gummy Bear (West Michigan Maternity Photographer)

June 3, 2022




I'm super excited that I have a new niece on the way! My brother-in-law, Nick, got married last summer and now he and my new sister-in-law, Marcela, are expecting a little girl this July! Even though they live in Kansas, they made the trip up to Michigan for a little vacation. Marcela, who is from Chile, got to experience the U.P. and Lake Superior for the first time, as well as a few other Michigan "musts". My girls were also THRILLED to see them as they haven't been around a lot of baby situations in their lives, and they are just in LOVE with Marcela's tummy, and "Gummy Bear", their brand new cousin!

Before they left to head back to Kansas, I made sure that we were able to get some quick maternity photos to commemorate the new little lady on the way. We used Nick's parents' backyard for a few photos and did some more at another woodsy location in Grand Rapids. My girls even snuck in for a few with Aunt Marcela and Uncle Nick.

It was such a pleasure to take these images for Marcela, who is such a smart and beautiful individual. She and Nick will be amazing parents, and we all can't wait to meet the newest member of the family SOON!


Snuggling :D





No pregnant tummy is safe from these little huggers.


You are gorgeous, Marcela!!!


Into the woods!





I actually wore this dress for MY maternity session almost 6 years ago!



Nick's gummy bear and the REAL "Gummy Bear" are about the same size ;)

A gift from Nick's friends 10 years ago, as if it was just waiting for this very moment.



My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.