Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring in Grand Rapids

Although spring came very early this year, I was still happy for it. I borrowed a new lens for some weekend shoots and decided to try it out beforehand. I love the bokeh (the blurriness you get in the background of photos) you get with the wide open aperatures, so you'll see a lot of that in this post. The reason I enjoy this so much is being able to specifically make the eye go exactly where you want it to go. It's an exercise in controlling the beauty around you, and it's a very important part of why I love photography.

These were all taken out behind my workplace in Kentwood. It's not a very colorful place, but a lot of wild plants grow and they are beautiful even in their monochromatic schemes. And I found a little more brightness toward the end, so I got my color after all! Enjoy!















My photo
Capturing moments, creating memories.